A licensed plumber is authorised to carry out specific plumbing work and supervise an apprentice.
Essentially, licensed plumbers have sufficient education, as well as legal permission, to do what they do and complete plumbing installations, service repairs and maintenance.
When it comes to plumbing, and almost all trades, products and services, what you pay for is what you get. So, if you’re choosing the cheapest plumber out there, chances are, they might not be the best.
Want to know more reasons to why you should only trust a licensed plumber?
Read more from the Perth plumber team at Superior Plumbing to find out.
Why choose a licensed plumber?
If you’re uncomfortable with fixing plumbing problems yourself (and most aren’t, for good reason too), you need a plumber to help.
But why should you choose a licensed plumber?
- Seeking out the services of a fully qualified and licensed plumber will ensure the highest possible standards of workmanship, backed by the industry itself.
- A licensed plumber knows when and how to make necessary repairs and are experts in identifying and diagnosing what’s wrong with a plumbing system.
- You will have peace of mind in knowing they’re up to date with industry specific information and any changes to rules, and also utilise the up-to-date plumbing equipment and methodologies to easily, cost-efficiently and pro-actively solve your plumbing problems.
There’s just too many risks and real-life horror stories associated with choosing (willingly or unknowingly) an unlicensed plumber. We’ll discuss them below.
Why avoid unlicensed plumbers?
To put it simply, unlicensed plumbers should be avoided like the plague.
- It’s not clear if the plumber you choose has completed the same training and satisfied the same industry standard requirements like a licensed Perth plumber.
- Legal issues could eventuate. How? Although it’s not illegal to hire an unlicensed plumber, there are legal procedures in place to handle deceptive or fraudulent businesses. Legal proceedings cost time, money and could leave you with a big headache.
- Your health, safety and property may be at risk from an unlicensed plumber due to faulty services and cut corners. Bad plumbing ‘fixes’ could cause property damage or injury.
- Similar to legal issues, is the possibility for unlicensed plumbers to engage in unethical behaviours and/or scamming. After all, they’re not obliged to report to the regulatory board.
Peace of mind is priceless. Not to mention, hiring a professional and licensed Perth plumber over an unlicensed plumber could save you money in repair jobs and calling out another plumber in the (probably near) future.
Superior Plumbing are the choice for Perth licensed plumbers
Superior Plumbing are a local team of fully qualified, experienced and licensed Perth plumbers.
As proud members of the Master Plumbers & Gasfitters Association, you can rest easy knowing you’re trusting your plumbing installs, maintenance and repairs to the experts that the people of Perth know, use and trust.
Need a plumber in Perth?
Contact Superior Plumbing today for licensed, experienced and superior plumbing services for your home or business.