Water – where would we be without it? Our bodies are made up of more than half water, and we need to consistently drink water to survive, grow food and cook, wash our clothes, dishes, homes, cars and so much more.
More often than not, we take water for granted, especially in our homes. After all, you turn on a tap and water flows through. Most times…that is.
Want to know what causes low pressure, and most importantly, how to fix it?
How to test if you have low water pressure
You don’t need to be a professional plumber to know that you’re having problems with your water pressure. Your kitchen tap or lovely, hot shower may be reduced to a mere dribble, which is not only an inconvenience, but could be a sign of something more sinister.
Your municipal water could be at fault. If so, do a DIY test, take note of this:
- Less than 20L a minute, or pressure lower than 40 psi, warrants a call to the Water Corporation or to the trusted Perth plumbers at Superior Plumbing.
If you live rurally, your underground plumbing systems could be causing pressure problems, such as:
- A ruptured bladder,
- Broken seal,
- A tank or pump that is in need of repair or replacement.
Testing low water pressure is one thing, understanding the causes and fixes is another.
Let’s discuss with a Perth plumber below.
What causes low water pressure?
There could be many reasons why you’re experiencing low water pressure in your home or commercial building.
These are the general culprits of low water pressure problems:
- Old pipes,
- Clogged pipes,
- Corroded pipes,
- Leaking pipes,
- Faulty fixtures,
- Damaged water heaters and more.
There’s some quick and simple things you can do at home to resolve your water pressure issues.
- Clean your faucets with vinegar,
- Flush your water heater and or water tank with vinegar, and/or
- Adjust the water pressure from the well or municipal supply line pressure regulator.
If none of the above are fixing the problem, or you’re not confident in undertaking these yourself, call Superior Plumbing. We’re the Perth plumbers who arrive on time, every time and identify, solve and prevent plumbing problems with ease.
Get your plumbing problems fixed with Superior Plumbing
If your easy, at-home DIY fixes are not solving your low water pressure problems. You need to call Superior Plumbing. It’s always wise to leave important home fixtures, fittings and plumbing systems to a professional plumber in Perth.
Why choose Superior Plumbing?
- We provide free, up-front and fixed quoted prices,
- We’re on time, every time,
- All of our work is 100% guaranteed, backed by experience and professionalism.
Don’t risk your home or business’ plumbing systems to the work of a cheap plumber. Rely instead on the superior service of Superior Plumbing.
Need a plumber in Perth?
Contact Superior Plumbing today for fast, reliable and affordable residential and commercial plumbing services.