In our homes and businesses, we take plumbing for granted. It’s out of sight, out of mind – until something goes wrong.
Instead of losing your head in the plumbing emergency, keep calm and follow the below steps.
These will help you in your Perth blocked drains emergency and other residential or commercial plumbing frustrations you may be faced with in the future.
Want to know what to do?
Read more from the Perth plumbing professionals at Superior Plumbing.
- Turn off the water
Whether you’re dealing with a leak, burst pipe, blockage or general plumbing system failure – the first thing you should do, is cut water off at the source.
How and why?
- Locate and disconnect the mains water supply to your property.
- In doing this, you’ll prevent potential damage from uncontrollable water, and
- Of course, stop wasting precious water wastage as well.
Did you know severe leakages and water from burst pipes can cause major, costly and even irreparable damage to home structural features?
So, the sooner you complete step one in a plumbing emergency, the better.
- Cease power to your water heater
Not getting any hot water in your shower or other taps in your home?
You may have a problem with your hot water system, so turn it off while you await a plumber Applecross team to diagnose and solve.
Why turn off the water heater?
- If you have a gas water heater, then its failing could risk a dangerous gas leak.
- Also, if there’s a leak anywhere else in your plumbing system, shutting off your hot water system will prevent potential damage to the unit itself.
Don’t worry, turning off your hot water is only a temporary (but necessary) step in a plumbing emergency. The work of a professional Perth plumber team isn’t a temporary fix, though.
- Small leak fixes
Visible and minor leaks are something the average homeowner can attend to. You can address them with old cloth rags or towels, or plumbing tape if you have some lying around.
Of course, this is only a temporary solution, until your local Applecross plumber is called to the rescue!
Remember to tell your Perth plumber of your plumbing concerns, however big or small, because a seemingly small leak can definitely turn into a plumbing emergency down the line.
- Call a professional plumber to assist
Steps 1-3 are a great starter when a plumbing emergency rears its ugly head. However, they’re band-aid fixes, when what you need is long-lasting fixes completed by a professional.
How Superior Plumbing can help you:
- We’re the blocked drains Perth specialists: solving everything from blocked showers and toilets to kitchen and laundry sinks.
- We’re here for plumbing emergencies 24 hours of the day, 7 days of the week.
- Our guarantee lies in our quality workmanship and our ‘always on time’ policy.
Follow these 4 steps in a plumbing emergency and all your problems (plumbing, that is) will be solved in no time at all.
Contact Superior Plumbing today for fast, efficient and cost-effective answers to your plumbing problems.